Pros And Cons Of Xiaomi Redmi Y2 – Xiaomi recently launched its new budget smartphone Redmi Y2. The smartphone is being promoted as the “Real You” to take one on the competition of Oppo’s RealMe 1. The all-new Redmi Y2 was released in China with same specifications but as Redmi S2. The smartphone is the successor of Redmi Y1 which was launched last year.
Xiaomi Redmi Y2 comes with a 5.9-inch HD+ display with 18:9 aspect ratio. The main highlight of the smartphone is its camera. The phone has camera setup like Redmi Note 5 Pro and capable of taking good photos in daylight conditions. So what are the other specifications of Xiaomi Redmi Y2? What are the Pros And Cons Of Xiaomi Redmi Y2? Let’s check out in this article.
- Xiaomi Mi A2 Pros And Cons
- MIUI 10 Supported Devices
- Oppo Find X Advantages And Disadvantages
- Pros And Con Of Lenovo Z5
- Vivo Nex Pros And Cons
Table Of Contents
Pros And Cons Of Xiaomi Redmi Y2 – Advantages And Disadvantages Of Xiaomi Redmi Y2
Even though Redmi Y2 comes with decent specifications and features it has its own pros and cons which we will discuss in this article.
Advantages Of Xiaomi Redmi Y2 (Pros)
1. The smartphone comes with 12 megapixels + 5-megapixel dual rear camera which is capable of taking great photos. The back camera supports portrait mode, beautification, and autofocus as well.
2. Talking about the front camera, the device sports a 16-megapixel selfie camera with a selfie light. The front camera also supports portrait mode and face recognition.
3. Xiaomi Redmi Y2 runs on MIUI 9.5 based on Android 8.1 oreo. As per my experience with Xiaomi, the device will get one major OS update which will be Android P.
4. Redmi Y2 is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 processor coupled with 3GB/4GB RAM. As per the internal storage is concerned, the smartphone comes with 32GB and 64GB variant.
5. The smartphone comes with dedicated SD card slot. You can expand the storage up to 256GB
6. Redmi Y2 bears a 3080mAh non-removable battery.
7. Connectivity includes 4G VoLTE, Bluetooth 5, GPS, A-GPS, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n, 3.5mm headphone jack, micro USB port.
8. The device supports navigation gesture, so you can turn off navigation buttons and navigate using gestures.
Disadvantages Of Xiaomi Redmi Y2 (Cons)
1. Facial Recognition is a bit slow compared to other smartphones in this price segment.
2. Low light camera performance is not good.
3. The battery could have been 4000mAh.
Xiaomi Redmi Y2 Specifications
|Display||5.9-inch HD+ display with 18:9 screen|
|Storage||3GB/32GB and 4GB/64Gb|
|Camera||12-megapixel + 5-megapixel dual rear camera and 16-megapixel front camera|
Redmi Y2 Price And Availability In India
3GB RAM and 32GB ROM variant is priced at Rs.9999 and a higher variant with 4GB RAM and 64GB ROM is priced at Rs.12999. The smartphone will be exclusively available on Amazon and MI Store.
Conclusion – Overall Xiaomi Redmi Y2 is a good selfie centric phone. The phone delivers great daylight photos. The 625 processor is capable of handling multitasking. Low light photography, HD+ display are the few concerns.
Shiv is the man behind this blog. He is crazy about technology specialy Android tricks and Tutorials. As of personal interest he likes to watch movies and cricket. You can follow him in social networks listed below 👇