Install Android One Custom ROM On Redmi Note 5 – Custom ROMs are one of the best ways to explore and customize your Android smartphone. A lot of people prepare custom ROMs overs the stock Android some are prepare stock experience on their device. Most of the Chinese smartphone like Vivo, Xiaomi, Oppo, etc comes with a pre-installed custom skinned Android ROM with a lot of customizations.
The custom skinned MIUI ROM lags slightly behind in performance compared to stock Android and sometimes they are buggy too. These factors force many people to flash or install custom ROMs on their device.
Table Of Contents
Android One Custom ROM For Xiaomi Redmi Note 5
The latest mid-range smartphone from Xiaomi i.e Redmi Note 5 recently got a custom ROM. This custom ROM is ported from Xiaomi Mi A1. If you prepare stock Android experience over MIUI you can flash this Android One Rom on your smartphone. Android One ROM for Redmi Note 5 comes with all Google apps pre-installed so you don’t need to bother about that. Before diving into steps to install Custom ROM (Android One) on you Redmi Note 5 let’s check requirements and bugs.
- Unlocked Bootloader
- TWRP Installed
What’s Not Working (Bugs)
- Camera Is Not Working ( Developer Is working to fix it)
- Screen Brightness Is Always 100% Or Zero.
- You Will Not Get System Updates On This Android One ROM.
- This ROM Is Not For Redmi Note 5 Pro.
Note– Before installing custom ROM on Redmi Note 5 You need unlocked bootloader and TWRP Installed so watch the video.
Unlock Bootloader Of Xiaomi Redmi Note 5
Steps To Install Android One Custom ROM On Redmi Note 5
1. First of all you need to download Android One Custom ROM. Once the download is finished move the downloaded ROM to the root of SD card.
2. Now boot into recovery mode by going to settings > about phone > system update > here tap on 3 dots from the upper right corner and click on reboot to recovery mode.
3. In recovery, you need to format data, wipe system, cache, art, and swipe to confirm wiping. Make sure you haven’t selected internal storage.
4. Now tap Install button and locate the Android One Custom ROM for Redmi Note 5 from sd card and tap on the file to install.
5. Click on reboot to the system after successful installation of the ROM. First boot may take up to 5 minutes.
6. That’s it enjoy the custom ROM on your Redmi Note 5.
Watch Review Of Redmi Note 5 Android One Rom
If you face any difficulties in flashing this ROM feel free to ask in comments, we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Shiv is the man behind this blog. He is crazy about technology specialy Android tricks and Tutorials. As of personal interest he likes to watch movies and cricket. You can follow him in social networks listed below 👇