Are looking to buy Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro? Having confusions? Check out Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro Pros And Cons before buying!
Finally, the most anticipated smartphone of 2018 launched on February 14th in New Delhi. The expectations on Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 was sky high as the previous 2 installments of Xiaomi Redmi Note series went to become a huge hit in Indian smartphone market. It’s all started for Xiaomi with Redmi Note 3 and Redmi Note 4 made it Xiaomi even bigger, eventually, Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 was the top-selling smartphone of 2017 in India and it still a hot cake in the budget segment.
A lot of speculations were made about Xiaomi Redmi Note 5, the leaked specifications and images made Xiaomi fans go crazy. Xiaomi managed to do pretty well with Redmi Note 5 / Redmi Note 5 Pro and lived up to the expectations of everyone.
Previous generation Redmi Note series comes with 2 or 3 variant with the difference in memory and Ram but this time Xiaomi launched two different smartphones namely Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 and Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro. Basically, Redmi Note 5 is the Indian version of Redmi 5 which was launched in China in 2017.
The smartphone which caught the attention of everyone is Redmi Note 5 Pro with its amazing features and aggressive pricing Xiaomi is all set to make a huge hit in the smartphone market. We will discuss pros and cons, advantages, disadvantages, specifications of both Redmi Note 5 and Redmi Note 5 Pro.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 And Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro Price In India?
Xiaomi is always been aggressive when it comes to pricing a smartphone it always gives value for money, samething happened with Redmi Note 5 and Redmi Note 5 Pro.
Redmi Note 5 priced at Rs.9999 in India for 3GB and 32GB variants and for 4GB Ram and 64GB you have to pay Rs.11999.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro priced at Rs.13999 for the base variant with 4GB Ram and 64 GB Storage for the higher variant with 6GB Ram and 64GB storage price is Rs.16999.
How To Buy Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro In India?
After reading the features and specifications most of you already thinking that where I can buy Redmi Note 5 Pro, however, you have to wait till February 22. Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 and Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro will available to buy on February 22 exclusively in Flipkart and Mi Store through a flash sale. If you willing to buy it offline you can visit nearest Mi home and Xiaomi’s retail partners.
Key Features Of Xiaomi Redmi Note 5
Key Features Of Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro
Table Of Contents
- 1 Pros And Cons Of Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 / Advantages And Disadvantages Of Redmi Note 5
- 2 Pros And Cons Of Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro / Advantages And Disadvantages Of Redmi Note 5 Pro
Pros And Cons Of Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 / Advantages And Disadvantages Of Redmi Note 5
Redmi Note 5 Pros / Advantages Of Xiaomi Redmi Note 5
1.Display – Redmi Note 5 comes with 5.9 Inch full HD display with 18:9 aspect ratio. Gaming and Watching movies are a true pleasure.
2. Brightness – Redmi Note 5 has 450-nits brightness. Previously Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 came with 400-nits.
3. Ram and Storage – 3 GB Ram / 32 GB Storage at Rs.9999 and 4GB Ram and 64GB storage at Rs.11999.
4.Camera – Recmi Note 5 Sports 12-megapixel single rear camera and 5-megapixel front camera with LED flash. The camera is slightly improved compared to Redmi Note 4.
5. Battery – 4000mAh battery with fast charging support.
6. Design – Metal Unibody design.
7. Value For Money
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Cons / Disadvantages Of Xiaomi Redmi Note 5
1. Snapdragon 625 processor – Though its power efficient and balanced processor, it’s not an upgrade from Redmi Note 4. The same processor was used in Redmi Note 4.
2. Android 7.1 Nougat – Even Redmi Note 5 runs on MIUI 9.2 out of the box it would be great if it comes with Android 8 Oreo.
3. Single Camera – Competitors like Honor are offering 4 cameras on a single phone but Redmi note 5 failed to come with at least dual rear camera.
4. Fast charger is not bundled within the box to cut down the overall cost.
5. Micro USB Port – last year Xiaomi introduced USB type C port in a budget smartphone with Xiaomi MI A1, but unfortunately, Redmi Note 5 features good old Micro USB port.
Pros And Cons Of Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro / Advantages And Disadvantages Of Redmi Note 5 Pro
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro Pros / Advantages Of Redmi Note 5 Pro
1. Less Bezel Display – One of the major highlight Redmi Note 5 Pro is it’s 5.99 inch full HD display with 18:9 aspect ratio. With its infinity display gaming and multimedia, consumption is a great treat.
2. Dual Rear Camera And 20 Megapixel Front Camera – Xiaomi introduced dual camera setup with its Android One phone MI A1, lot rumors were made about Redmi Note 5 will have an only single camera, however, Xiaomi offered 12 + 5-megapixel dual rear camera setup in Redmi Note 5 Pro variant. On the front, Redmi Note 5 offers a 20-megapixel camera with beautification 4.0 and portrait mode. The photos taken with portrait mode were really awesome.
Photos Taken On Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro
3. All New Snapdragon 636 Processor -Redmi Note 5 Pro is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 636 octa-core processor clocked at 1.8GHz with GPU Adreno 509. Snapdragon 636 is debuting with Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 and the performance is top notch. The processor features Snapdragon own custom Kryro 260 CPU cores which is used in 800 series.
With Adreno 509 GPU and Snapdragon 636 Gaming is not a concern.
4. Sensor Availability – Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 have total 39 sensors including a proximity sensor, gravity, motion sensor, gyro, a fingerprint sensor.
5. Connectivity – Redmi Note 5 comes with Bluetooth 5, WiFi 802.11ac, GPS, USB OTG, 4G VoLTE, FM Radio.
6. Storage – The smartphone has 2 variant one with 4GB Ram and 64GB storage and another with 6GB Ram and 64GB storage. You can expand the storage up to 128GB via MicroSD card slot.
7. The Custom Skinned MIUI 9 – If you are one of them who loves custom ROMs more than stock Android than you will not be disappointed with MIUI 9.2 on Redmi Note 5 Pro its butter smooth with tons features and customizations.
8. Portrait Mode – Portrait mode in Redmi Note 5 Awesome, actually it works better than Mi A1 and it works pretty well in both front and rear camera.
Image Credits – Gadget360
9. Other Advantages – IR blaster is supported, Redmi Note 5 Pro will get face unlock feature via OTA in March.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro Cons / Disadvantages of Redmi Note 5 Pro
1. Android 7.1 Nougat – Redmi Note 5 Pro’s MIUI 9.2 is based on Android Nougat, I’m sure it will receive Android oreo update but if it comes with Android 8 it will be added to the advantages, so quite disappointing that Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro comes with Android 7.1 out of the box.
2. Micro USB Port – Redmi Note 5 Pro comes with Micro USB Port which is a bit disappointing. If Xiaomi manages to add USB type c port it will be a great package. UCB type C port has advantages like high-speed file transfer etc.
3. Fast Charger Is Missing – Even Though Redmi Note 5 Pro Support Fast Charge 2.0, the charger is not bundled with a retail box to cut down total cost, you have to buy it separately.
4. Hybrid SIM Slot – Understanding the needs of Indians Xiaomi provided a dedicated MicroSD card slot in Redmi 5A but in Redmi Note 5 Pro you get Hybrid SIM Tray which you can use either 2 SIM cards or one SIM card and an SD card.
5. Protection for display glass is still unknown. We recommend you to use tempered glass for screen protection.
Final Verdict – Should I Buy Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 / Redmi Note 5 Pro?
After checking features, specifications, and the price we can clearly say Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro is totally worth the wait. From display quality to camera performance Xiaomi did it in every sector. Even though it has its own flaws, the features and performance were overshadowed it.
If you are looking to buy a budget smartphone under Rs.20000 we strongly recommend you to go with Redmi Note 5 Pro.
Coming to the base variant Xiaomi Redmi Note 5, it doesn’t sport a dual camera setup and front camera performance is just average, we are not saying its bad if you can add few more bucks go with Redmi Note 5 Pro as its killer phone!
Shiv is the man behind this blog. He is crazy about technology specialy Android tricks and Tutorials. As of personal interest he likes to watch movies and cricket. You can follow him in social networks listed below 👇