Looking for a simple guide to add subtitle to downloaded movies in MX Player? If yes you are in correct place. In this article, I’m sharing 2 simple methods to add subtitle in MX Player To downloaded movies.
Movies are one the best option for entertainment and time pass. Some Movie lovers like me don’t have language barriers. I watch every language movie, it may be Hollywood, Hindi, Telugu, Kannada, Tamil or Malayalam. Even though I don’t understand Tamil and Malayalam properly I do watch them when I have free times.
One thing which helps to understand any language movie is subtitles. Most of the Hollywood movies which you download are preloaded with subtitles. If you are not able to understand foreign accent you can simply turn on the subtitles in MX player. But it is different in south movies you can’t understand the language and you also didn’t get subtitles preloaded. You have to find the subtitles for the movie and add it manually in MX Player.
Table Of Contents
How To Add Subtitles For Downloaded Movies In MX Player
You probably already using MX Player, which is the most popular video player for Android and rich in features. Thanks to the developers of MX Player, it has inbuilt online subtitles through which you can search subtitle for any movie. Once you find the subtitles you can download it and add it to MX Player. We are sharing two simple methods to download and add subtitle for movies in MX Player.
#Method1 – Steps To Add Subtitles To Movies In MX Player
1. First of all you must have MX Player installed on your Android smartphone, if you don’t have you can download it from Playstore for free.
2. Open the MX Player and go through the collection of movies you have. And play any movie which you want add subtitle.
3. In my case, I want to add subtitle for Wonder Woman. Now click on 3 dots from the top right corner. You will see options like below screenshot.
4. From the options listed in the menu click on Subtitle > Online Subtitles > Search.
5. Now right tick on the *enter your search text” and type the movie name like below screenshot.
6. Now MX Player will load a list of available subtitles which you can download just with one tap.
7. All the subtitles you have downloaded will be saved in MX Player subtitles folder.
8. Once you successfully downloaded subtitle from MX Player search results. You will see enable subtitle option in MX Player. Just enable it and enjoy the movie.
#Method2 – Steps To Add Subtitle To Movies In MX Player By Importing.
The only drawback of MX Player is its default search site for subtitles. You can’t change this setting and it sometimes throws errors like subtitle not found or error connecting to opensubtitles.org etc to eliminate this kind of errors you have to search the subtitle in google and import it to MX Player. Just visit Google and type the movie and search for subtitles.
For example search like this – Download Wonder Woman Subtitles.
Once the subtitle is downloaded open MX Player and tap on subtitles option and here click on open and find the folder where you have downloaded subtitle in .srt format and import it.
You can also download subtitles of any movie from following Android apps just download the apps from Playstore and import the subtitle to MX Player.
2. Get Subtitle
How To Adjust Subtitles In MX Player
Sometimes everything is not going your way, you might successfully find a subtitle for your favorite movie but it may not be sync with the video. MX Player still help you fix this issue. To adjust subtitles in MX Player tap on Subtitles option and here select Synchronization and adjust the subtitles synchronization time. You can also adjust subtitle speed, size font, color, background etc in MX Player.
Conclusion – When it comes to video players MX Player is the one app which has a handful of features and adding subtitles in MX Player is extremely easy. Still, if you face any difficulties feel free to post in comments.
Shiv is the man behind this blog. He is crazy about technology specialy Android tricks and Tutorials. As of personal interest he likes to watch movies and cricket. You can follow him in social networks listed below 👇