Increase Battery Life In MIUI – Battery backup is not a major concern in Xiaomi phones as the most of the Xiaomi Phones comes with power packed battery with better software optimization. When the smartphones are new they give more than sufficient battery backup, you may use your phone moderately or heavily it gives more than 2 days battery life in the beginning.
When smartphone crosses 1 year of use the battery life starts decreasing. You can’t get even 1 day of battery backup, you will need to charge it more often. This might be the common problem in most of the phones but we are sharing some tips to increase the battery life in MIUI 8/9 on any Xiaomi Phones.
How To Increase Battery Life In MIUI – Prolong Battery Backup In Xiaomi Phones
The tips and tricks we are sharing were pretty common but it will definitely increase Xiaomi Phones battery backup to some extent. Personally, I tried this tricks on my Redmi Note 3 and it worked for me. So let’s check out how to increase battery backup in Xiaomi Phones.
1. Turn On Battery Saving Mode – In latest installments of MIUI ROM, you will see this option in quick toggle settings. You just need to pull down notification panel and turn on battery saver. Alternatively, you can also enable battery saver mode by going to Settings > Battery & Performance > Power > Turn On The Battery Saver. This will turn off Sync, GPS and limit the background process so you can expect an increase in battery life.
You can also use scheduled battery saver mode to save battery automatically. To do this go to Settings> Battery And Performance> Power> Battery Saver> Turn On Scheduled Time To Switch Between Modes And Select Start Time And End Time.
2. Turn Off System Animations – In all Xiaomi Phones System Animations is turned on by default. To Turn it off go to Settings > Battery And Performance > Tap On System Animations And Select Hide System Animations and hit reboot to apply the settings.
This will increase speed and battery backup in MIUI ROM.
3. Use Static Wallpaper – If you use live wallpapers, well it’s time to change it. Even though live wallpapers look beautiful it consumes a lot of Ram and Battery. To set static wallpapers go to Settings > Wallpaper. Here you will see an option to change wallpapers, tap on Change and select any wallpaper and click on apply.
I recommend you to use dark wallpaper as it’s also a proven way to increase battery life on any Android phone.
4. Turn Off GPS And Sync – Turn Off GPS And Sync when you don’t need it. It will decrease the background process and help to increase the battery life of your Xiaomi phone. To turn off GPS and Sync pull-down notification panel and turn off Sync And GPS.
5. Turn On Auto Brightness – By turning on Auto-Brightness smartphone will automatically filter screen brightness in low light and daylight condition. This will help to increase battery life in MIUI.
6. Change WiFi Setting – Turn on WiFi only when you need it and also disable scanning always available. To do this open settings > WLAN > Advanced Settings > here turn off scanning always available.
7. Shorten Screen Timeout – decreasing screen timeout time will save some amount of battery to shorten screen timeout go to settings > lock screen & password > click on sleep and select 30 seconds or choose the time you prefer.
8. Keep Your Xiaomi Phone Updated – Xiaomi provide weakly and monthly updates to solve bugs. keeping your smartphone updated with the latest version of MIUI will improve battery and you can also enjoy new features and other improvements.
9. Turn On Airplane Mode In Low Signal Areas – Smartphones consumes a lot of battery while searching for network and in low signal areas. By turning on Airplane Mode in low network areas you can save your smartphone’s battery. To do this swipe down notification panel and click on Airplane.
10. Restrict Background Process – You can restrict background activity in any Xiaomi Phones which runs on MIUI. To restrict background activity go to settings > battery & performance > manage apps battery usage> turn on power saving mode.
You can also choose individual choose apps to restrict background activity. Tap on choose apps tap on any apps and turn on MIUI battery saver mode or turn off background process by selecting restrict background activity option.
11. Other Important Steps To Increase Battery Life In Any Xiaomi Phone (MIUI)
- Uninstall rarely used apps.
- Don’t install any battery saving apps or cleaner apps.
- Turn off notifications from rarely used apps.
- Turn off vibration on press.
- Switch to 2G when you don’t use the Internet connection.
- Turn Off Bluetooth, WiFi, Internet connection when you don’t need it.
Conclusion – So these are the few tips and tricks to improve battery life in Xiaomi Phones which runs on MIUI. If your smartphone is rooted you can also use Greenify to increase battery backup.
If you know any other tips to increase battery performance let us know in comments. Keep visiting Techowiki.in for more tricks and tips.