Enable Picture In Picture Mode In MIUI – Picture in picture mode is one of the interesting feature of Android Oreo. You probably know about the multi window, which lets you split your smartphone screen and use two apps simultaneously.
So you might be thinking that what is the difference between multi-window and picture in picture mode? Well, picture in picture mode is specifically designed for video playback. If your smartphone support picture in picture mode you can drag-drop the YouTube video in anywhere on the screen and even adjust the video player size too. In simple Picture in picture mode or PiP is an active floating window which can be dragged around the screen.
Table Of Contents
Picture In Picture Mode For Xiaomi Phones
The picture in picture mode is an exclusive feature of Android Oreo as of my knowledge most of the popular Xiaomi Phones runs on Android marshmallow and Android nougat ( Except Xiaomi MI A1) so Xiaomi Redmi phones are yet to receive this feature. Don’t worry you can still enjoy PiP mode on your Xiaomi phones without root just follow our simple guide to enable this feature on your phone.
Steps To Enable Picture In Picture Mode In MIUI (Xiaomi Phones)
- For this trick, you must have updated default browser.
- To update default browser go to Settings>System app updater> and update the system browser. If your browser is up to date ignore this step.
- Now open system browser and go to YouTube.
- Play any video of your choice, now click on the PiP icon located at the top right corner.
- That’s it! Now you can enjoy the YouTube video in the picture in picture mode. You can also adjust player and drag the player anywhere on the screen.
- To exit picture in picture mode just tap on X icon from the top left corner.
Video Tutorial To Enable Picture In Picture Mode In Xiaomi Phones
Conclusion – So this is the trick to enable picture in picture mode in MIUI. This trick works on all Xiaomi Phones which runs on MIUI 8 or MIUI 9 with updated system browser app. Hope you like this article if you have any queries regarding this article feel free to ask in comments.
Shiv is the man behind this blog. He is crazy about technology specialy Android tricks and Tutorials. As of personal interest he likes to watch movies and cricket. You can follow him in social networks listed below 👇