Take Portrait Mode Photos On Android Smartphone – Nowadays phones are doesn’t mean for only making phone calls, You can do almost everything on your Android smartphones. One app we commonly use on our phone is Camera, Smartphone cameras are one of the greatest inventions in modern technology. From 2 Megapixel to 48 Megapixel cameras we have witnessed the growth of smartphone camera over the years.
Along with the hardware improvements, the software of camera is also refining in every Android update. Latest flagship smartphones and some mid-range phones comes with dual rear camera setup, this dual camera is extremely helpful in taking portrait mode photo or we can say background blur photos.
The portrait mode feature is firstly introduced in iPhone 7 later we saw this on high-end Android devices. If you are into photography and love to take selfies and photos you could have already heard about portrait mode. Portrait mode is capable of taking the awesome picture by making background blur. But what if your phone doesn’t have the dual lens? Are dual cameras are only capable of taking portrait mode photos? Don’t worry if your phone doesn’t have the dual camera it doesn’t mean that you cant take portrait mode photos or background blur photos. Today in this article I’m sharing a trick to take portrait mode photos on Android smartphones with single camera setup.
Table Of Contents
How To Take Portrait Mode Photos On Android Smartphone With Google Camera
Google camera app comes with inbuilt lens blur effect you can use this feature to take awesome background blur photos on your Android smartphone. The lens blur feature works just like portrait mode.
Steps To Take Portrait Mode Photos On Android Smartphone / Background Blur Effect
- If you don’t have Google camera installed on your smartphone you need to download and install Google Camera. Download from apk mirror
- Open the Google camera app and tap on the menu from top left corner. Now tap on lens blur option.
- After clicking lens blur you will see a quick tutorial on how it works.
- Now focus on the object to take a photo. Just tap on the mobile screen where you want to focus.
- Press the shutter button, now you will be prompted to raise your phone.
- Now slowly lift your arm without moving away from the object.
- If you did it properly you will hear a tone and see a check mark on your smartphone screen.
- The app will take a couple of seconds to process the photo, once it’s done photo will be saved on your device.
- If you are not satisfied with the photo you can manually add the blur effect to it. To do this tap on the preview image here you will see a pop-up that says “to refocus tap here”
- Now you need to tap on any area to focus and manually adjust the amount of blur using slider button.
- Click on done to save the photo locally and now you are ready to share the photos.
How To Take Portrait Mode Selfies On Android
Google Camera is also capable of taking portrait mode selfies. To take bokeh effect selfie follow below steps.
- Open Google Camera app tap on switch camera icon.
- Now press navigation menu and tap on lens blur option.
- Press the shutter button and slowly raise your arms.
- You will see a right mark on your screen.
- Google camera will take some time to render the photo.
- Once the processing is complete you can share the photos with your friends.
Take Background Blur Photos On Android With Teleport
Teleport is a photo editor app which allows the user to take a photo and make background blur. This work just like Portrait Mode.
- First of all download Teleport app from Google Play Store – Download
- Open teleport app and tap on your mobile screen to focus.
- Press the shutter button. Teleport will take some time to process the photo.
- Once it’s done click on background blur and adjust the blur using the slider.
- Finally, tap on the downlaod button to save the photo on your device.
Conclusion – Google camera is the best way to take Portrait Mode photos on any Android smartphone. This trick works on Samsung, Xiaomi, Lenovo, Micromax, OnePlus, Motorola or any other Android phones which runs Android 6+. The best thing about Google camera is you can also take Portrait Mode selfies.
Teleport is another app which allows you to add background blur effect to your photos and it also features many other editing tools.
So there are the tricks to take portrait mode photos on your Android phone. Do share this article with your friends so they can also take awesome selfies in Google camera. If you face any problems in taking background blur photos on your Android phone feel free to post in comments. I will help you as soon as possible.
Keep visiting Techowiki.in for more updates and Android tricks.