Advantages And Disadvantages Of Xiaomi Redmi Y1 / Redmi Y1 Lite – Xiaomi recently launched yet another affordable budget smartphone named Xiaomi Redmi Y1. The new Redmi Y series smartphone will be selfie focused and it will give tuff competition to so-called selfie phones like Vivo, Oppo, and Geonee as it offers better specs in the budget range.
The all-new Xiaomi Redmi Y1 will be available in India via Amazon and MI.com and the first flash of Redmi Y1 will be live on November 8. Although Xioami Redmi Y1 offers great specifications it has its own advantages and disadvantages, so in this article, I’m sharing advantages and disadvantages Xiaomi Redmi Y1 let’s check out.
Don’t Forget To Read – Pros And Cons Of Nokia 2
Xioami Redmi Y1 Price In India
Xiaomi Redmi Y1 will be available in India at Rs. 8999 for the variant with 32 GB internal storage and 3 GB Ram, 64 GB internal storage and 4 GB Ram variant is priced at Rs. 10999 and for lite version Redmi Y1 Lite with 16 GB ROM and 2 GB Ram will be available at Rs. 6999.
Xiaomi Redmi Y1 Specifications
Xioami Redmi Y1 runs on Android Nougat 7.0 and will receive MIUI 8 update in early November as for the Oreo update, Xiaomi confirmed that Redmi Y1 will also receive Android Oreo 8.0 update in future.
The smartphone sports 5.5 inch HD display with corning gorilla glass protection and the resolution is 720×1280 pixels. Xioami Redmi Y1 comes with 2 nano SIM slots and a dedicated slot for MicroSD card which is a great feature as you can use dual SIM and a MicroSD card.
Xiaomi Redmi Y1 is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 435 SoC quad-core processor clocked at 1.4 GHz so you can expect a well balanced performance in Redmi Y1.
Redmi Y1 comes with 32/64 GB of internal storage with 3 GB and 4GB Ram respectively. The storage can be expandable up to 128 GB via MicroSD card. The internal storage and Ram of Xiaomi Redmi Y1 Lite is 16 GB and 2 GB respectively.
Xiaomi Redmi Y1 comes with a 16-megapixel front camera with LED flash and 13-megapixel rear camera with single LED flash. The picture quality in day light is great and in low light condition, the picture quality is not up to the mark.
Xiaomi Redmi Y1 Lite features a 5-megapixel front camera and 13-megapixel rear camera with LED flash.
Key Features Of Xiaomi Redmi Y1
|Operating System||Android Nougat 7.0|
|Camera||16 megapixel selfie camera and 13 megapixel rear camera|
|Storage||16/32/64 GB and 2/3/4 GB Ram|
|Display||5.5 inch HD display|
Table Of Contents
Advantages And Disadvantages Of Xiaomi Redmi Y1 / Redmi Y1 Lite
We have listed the advantages and disadvantages of Xiaomi Redmi Y1 / Redmi Y1 Lite check out below.
Advantages Of Xiaomi Redmi Y1 / Redmi Y1 Lite
- Operating System – Redmi Y1 runs on Android Nougat and will receive Android Oreo 8.0 update in future
- Dedicated Sd Card Slot – Redmi Y1 features dual nano SIM slots and a dedicated slot for MicroSD card.
- Processor – Xiaomi Redmi Y1 is powered by Snapdragon 435 processor which is a great thing in this price range.
- 2 variant – Redmi Y1 available in 2 color variant, Gold, and Dark Grey.
- Storage – Xiaomi Redmi Y1 comes with 16/32/64 GB of internal storage and 2/3/4 GB of Ram respectively.
- Display – 5.5 inch HD display with corning gorilla glass protection.
- Xiaomi Redmi Y1 supports 4G VoLTE.
- Redmi Y1 features a fingerprint sensor on the back side.
- Sensor Availability – Proximity Sensor, Compass, Fingerprint Sensor, Accelerometer.
- Camera – 16-megapixel selfie camera and 13-megapixel rear camera both with LED flash.
- Battery – 3080mah battery.
- Supports multi-touch.
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, GPS, Bluetooth 5.0
- Redmi Y1 has 3.5mn headphone jack.
Disadvantages Of Xiaomi Redmi Y1 / Redmi Y1 Lite
- Low light photography – The picture quality of Redmi Y1 in low light condition is a concern.
- Xiaomi Redmi Y1 does not have metal unibody. It has a plastic back panel and the volume rockers and the power button are also made of plastic.
- 4K video recording is not supported
- No 4K display.
- Fast charge not supported.
- No dual camera.
- NFC not supported.
Xiaomi Redmi Y1 Review Video
Concussion – When it comes to budget smartphones none of the other companies will give competition to Xiaomi phones, according to my point of view same will happen with Xiaomi Redmi Y1 as it offers awesome features in affordable price. Overall Xiaomi Redmi Y1 is a value for money. I’d recommend you to go for 32 GB variant of Xiaomi Redmi Y1.
What do you think about new selfie series from Xiaomi Redmi Y1 let me know in comments? Hope you like the advantages and disadvantages Xiaomi Redmi Y1 / Redmi Y1 Lite ( Pros and Cons ).
keep visiting Techowiki.In for more updates.
Shiv is the man behind this blog. He is crazy about technology specialy Android tricks and Tutorials. As of personal interest he likes to watch movies and cricket. You can follow him in social networks listed below 👇