Root Xiaomi MI A1 Without Any Recovery – MI A1 is undoubtedly one of the best mid-range smartphone and a game changer from Xiaomi. It is the first ever smartphone from Xiaomi to run on Stock Android. As Xiaomi Mi A1 is part of the Google’s Android One project it will receive latest Android updates from Google for at least 2 years.
However many users may not like Stock Android as it doesn’t offer much for customizations. In MIUI you can customize almost everything without root access but it’s completely different in the case of Stock Android, you have to stick with the basic customizations. If you want explore more of your Xiaomi MI A1, the only way to do is by rooting Xiaomi MI A1.
So today in this article I’m sharing a simple and complete guide to Root Xiaomi MI A1 without any recovery.
Also Read – Advantages And Disadvantages Of Xiaomi MI A1
Table Of Contents
- 1 How To Root Xiaomi MI A1 Without Any Recovery
How To Root Xiaomi MI A1 Without Any Recovery
You can easily root your Xiaomi MI A1 without TWRP recovery by following below steps.
Make sure Tha your smartphone is fully charged (above 60%) and don’t forget to take full backup before doing thia process.
Requirements To Root Xiaomi MI A1
- Xiaomi MI A1 bootloader must be unlocked
- A Windows PC
Files Required To Root Xiaomi MI A1
- Downlaod Xiaomi MI A1 root tool kit and and extract it on your desktop
- Patched boot img for August – Download
- Downlaod patched boot img for September – Download
- Patched boot img for October – Download
Note – Go To Settings > About Phone > Check Android Security Patch Level.
And make sure you have download correct file.
- After downlaoding patched boot img open Xiaomi MI A1 Tool folder, open image folder and paste patched boot img in the folder.
How To Unlock Xiaomi MI A1 Bootloader
Before rooting Xiaomi MI A1 your smartphone bootloader must be unlocked. Unlike other Xiaomi phones you don’t need permission from Xiaomi to unlock bootloader, so follow below guide to unlock Xiaomi MI A1 bootloader.
- Downlaod And Install ADB drivers on your windows PC
- Go to settings > about phone on your Xiaomi MI A1 and enable developer mode tapping on build number 7 – 8 times.
- Go to system > developer option and enable USB debugging and OEM unlock
- Now switch of Xiaomi MI A1 and boit into fastboot mode by pressing volume up and power button simultaneously.
- Now connect Xiaomi MI A1 to your PC by USB cable.
- Open ADB folder that you have created while installing ADB drivers on your PC.
- Press shift + right and click open command prompt window
- Now enter the below command to unlock bootloader of Xiaomi MI A1.
fastboot oem unlock
- That’s it you have successfully unlocked bootloader of Xiaomi MI A1 to reboot your device enter below command.
Steps To Root Xiaomi MI A1 Without Any Recovery
- First of all go to settings and enable USB debugging and OEM unlock. You will find this in developer option.
- Connect your phone with PC via USB cable. I recommend you to use original cable.
- Now in PC open MI A1 Tool Folder and run AIO Tool File.
- You will see a screen like below screenshot.
- Select option 4 to root Xiaomi MI A1. This will flash patched boot img on your Xiaomi MI A1 and once the flashing process is complete, your phone will reboot automatically.
- After reboot open Playstore and and download Flash Fire App on your Xiaomi MI A1.
- Now download SuperSu from here – Download save thia file in your phone memory.
- Open flash fire apl and tap on red + button to flash SuperSu.
- Now select SuperSu zip file and click on ok button to flash SuperSu.
- Once the flasy process is complete, your Xiaomi MI A1 will reboot automatically.
If you are looking for SuperSU here is the SuperSU Zip Link
Note – If your Xiaomi MI A1 stuck on boot screen flash August patched img and flash it via MI A1 Tool and your phone will boot normally.
Video Tutorial To Root Xiaomi MI A1
Conclusion – So these is the simple and complete guide to root Xiaomi MI A1 without any recovery. Hope you like this article keep visiting Techowiki.in for more updates.
If you any queries feel free to post in comments i will help you.
Image Credits – technobuzz
Shiv is the man behind this blog. He is crazy about technology specialy Android tricks and Tutorials. As of personal interest he likes to watch movies and cricket. You can follow him in social networks listed below 👇